Friday, January 10, 2014

Goodbye lotion


The first product I decided to switch for a more natural alternative is lotion.  I use lotion over my entire body so there's a lot of surface area for junk to creep into my system.  Its hard to find a lotion that doesn't contain parabens or some other Xenoestrogens.  I live in a desert so lotion is a must. My skin without lotion would look like the dried cracked dirt that we all visualize when we hear the word "desert".  There are many oils that make great alternatives.  My top 3 are almond oil, olive oil, and coconut oil.  I most frequently use coconut oil because I like the way it smells and the consistency is a little more solid so I don't end up dripping it everywhere.  I love the 72 oz jar (can you call something that is 72oz a jar?) of Nutiva organic extra virgin coconut oil that I found at Costco for $21.99.  I believe you can never have too much coconut oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment